Today, Public Relations (PR) is one of the crucial communication methods that helps build credibility and close relationships with the public and stakeholders. Let’s delve into what PR is, and its role in brand building with BVAD Agency.
What is Public Relations (PR)?
Public Relations (PR) is a strategic communication process aimed at building mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and the community. Businesses can use PR as a communication strategy to enhance reputation, credibility, build trust, and provide reasons for consumers to make purchases.
When is it necessary to use PR?
Playing a crucial role in supporting the brand’s marketing objectives, PR is often effectively utilized by businesses when:
- Launching a new product
- Repositioning the brand or product
- Enhancing brand credibility
- Handling communication crises”
Target Audience of PR
Unlike advertising and marketing, the media target of PR is not only focused on consumers and potential customers but is more comprehensive, aiming at two main groups:
Circle of Work: a group of individuals who have a direct impact on the company’s activities, and the company has a related impact on these individuals, especially in financial terms. Specifically, such as:
- Buyers/Consumers: Individuals who directly purchase or consume the products/services.
- Shareholders: Shareholders, investors.
- Partners: Partners, suppliers, distributors, sellers.
Circle of Trust: Target audience, individuals who help the business disclose and share necessary information with the public. This group adds informational value, strengthening public trust in the company
- Journalists/Media: Journalists, media channels, social media, etc.
- Regulators: Regulatory bodies, boards, sectors (e.g., the pharmaceutical sector would involve the Ministry of Health, the Food Safety and Hygiene Department, etc.).
- Experts/KOLs/Celebrities: Experts, influencers, social organizations, etc.
The role of PR in brand communication
The main role of PR is to help businesses effectively convey messages to customers and important public groups. When these messages are disseminated, PR helps the product become easily recognized by customers. Specifically, PR activities help:
- Predict and assess the public’s attitude and opinions on issues and events that can positively or negatively impact the organization’s relationships.
- Build trust and reputation for the organization and its leaders.
- Protect the reputation and trust of the public after a crisis.
- Collaborate with marketing and advertising departments to support communication goals, sales activities, and market effectiveness
Curent PR Activities
Developing a PR Strategy
To increase effectiveness and ensure a reasonable allocation of resources for PR activities, businesses need to plan specific PR strategies. The plan should identify the objectives the business aims to achieve; the methods and resources needed to accomplish the goals; SWOT and SMART analysis; the timeline and steps for implementing each content; risk assessment; solutions; measurement methods
News Articles in PR
One of the primary PR activities today is news. PR experts create media stories in a natural way, aiming to introduce the company, products, or individuals to the public.
The target of internal PR activities is all employees of the business. Internal PR plays the role of a ‘bridge,’ connecting, fostering mutual understanding between employees and the business, between employees and superiors, and among employees themselves. Internal PR includes specific activities such as using/optimizing internal communication channels (Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, Zalo, …), organizing internal events,…
With the aim of engaging users, expressing the brand’s personality, and providing additional information about the product, the PR team can organize events of various scales and formats. By attracting media attention and leading a large number of users to participate, PR events cleverly bring the brand and its products into the consumer’s awareness.
The event venue will be selected based on the scale and nature of the event, such as conference centers, hotels, stadiums…
To implement an effective PR campaign, Marketers need to provide useful information and important insights for planning and evaluating PR campaigns. At the same time, you can collaborate with reputable and experienced PR media agencies such as BVAD Agency. With over 14 years of operation and successful completion of numerous PR projects, we will assist your business.
- Contributing to the spread and enhancing the brand reputation across various media platforms,
- supporting relationships among stakeholders for long-term advantages, increasing awareness,
- Poviding information and explanations, enhancing understanding, building trust, and giving reasons for consumers to make purchases.
- Minimizing negative reactions to controversial advertisements.
Here are some images.
Read More: PR News – Events We Have Implemented.